should I wait the full 6 weeks?

I had my daughter 3 weeks ago. Vaginal birth, 3 hours of labor, 30 min. of pushing. Had some bad bleeding and clotting right after but was fine once the doc took care of that.

I felt good enough to take walks 4 days after having her, short walks but walks nonetheless. I went back to school and was going up and down stairs and moving around like normal by 2 weeks after I had her. I had my postpartum checkup a week ago and the doc said everything was fine but my tear hadn't healed completely but it was working on it and everything else was fine (that was a week ago)

Should I still wait the full 6 weeks to start having sex and exercising?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• If your aren't completely healed then yes I would wait.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would wait just in case
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Exercising, definitely. Sex, you should, but if you feel ready, you can try, just take it slow and used lots of lube - and not funky stuff, plain stuff!
    Anonymous

• Yes. If you aren't completely healed yet, why would you risk tearing yourself open? There is a reason the doctor tells you to wait 6 weeks, your body (internally) needs time to heal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009