am i stupid to assume

that if someone has 2 kids and 2 other neighbor kids come up and are playing in their yard, that the ppl that live there would atleast periodically check on the kids in the yard?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids play in my yard. I check on them. If there are other kids in the yard, I check on them too.
    As long as the neighbor kids aren't terrorizing anyone while they're in my yard they are welcome to stay, but when my kids come in, they go home.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Rule number 1 never assume anything!!!! Some parents just dont care as long as the kids are not screaming or in their hair.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• never assume anything but I'd think most people would check on kids in their yard. I do.
    Anonymous

• Never assume that the parents are even home to check on the kids. But yes, an adult should be checking on the kids once in a while.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• IMO - If the neighbor kids showed up, uninvited, then it is not the responsibility of the home-owner to check on them.

Actually, I had this conversation just the other evening during a Bunko party. Every mother there hated having kids just randomly show up to play in their yard with their kids.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I agree with Gealach. My daughter was outside playing today after school with a little boy I watch. They were playing for a little while. And 3 neighbor boys came over and started playing with them, in our yard.The 3 boys that came over, Are always just playing where ever they want. Parents didn't even call them to see where they were at, let alone come and check on them. And 2 of the boys just moved here like 2wks ago-and doesn't know us... I allow them to play with my daughter. As long as they aren't ruff, mean and are not destorying our stuff. And they know that when my daughter has to come inside. They need to go home or somewhere else.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I check, but not always by going outside. I will check out my window and most of the time make my 11 yr old twins be out there to make sure the 6 yr old isn't doing anything he's not supposed to be doing. They are my eyes, very helpful and responsible and will DEF let me know if lil bro is out of line!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 10:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009