4 more weeks to go! what should i pack

What were some of the things you took with you or wish you brought along to the hospital?
This is my first and don't know what i should pack in my bag and labor kit

MsQuiana

Asked by MsQuiana at 3:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• pack whatever you would pack for a two day trip

only comfortable
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i did't bring my bag with me i was all packed but left it at home a going home outfit, a COMFORTABLE going home outfit lol... a going home outfit for the baby... a set of toiletries of course a camera lol... Good luck and congrats!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• take a tooth brush and some sleeping slippers a night gown and a pillow shampoo and conditioner take the basic thing's you will need if you were on your period and sleeping at a friends.
    Anonymous

• a go home outfit for you & the baby...something to wear while your there..,carseat,toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, fav pillow!!! Stuff for the man if he's staying with you. if I think of more I'll let you know!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i wish I would have brought more entertainment.......movies/books...............I was in labor for 34 hours......
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Pack food and snacks for you and hubby. You will be busy and tired and will need to eat when you are ready. Dont wait on hospital staff to bring you stuff because it takes along time. After I delivered baby #3, I was eating a honey bun while the doc was sewing me up!!!! LOL Embarrasing but true story.

Pillows, fan, cell phone charger, boppy, nursing pads and bras. Congrats!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Food and drinks.
    Camera supplies.
    Changes of clothes.
    Toiletries.

and of course, a Birth Doula!!

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• bring something to do.. a book, movie, whatever just in case you show up too early and don't end up getting sent home but spend a long time in the hospital. It gets boring. IBring slippers because the floors are cold, some hospitals have the little socks and some don't. I brought my own pillow and an extra blanket because I get cold really easily. Something to do with your hands if that helps you to focus.. I know my little stress ball was awesome when my contractions were getting worse. Bring some money for the cafe or vending machine for your SO and you.. if you go into labor at night you wn't be able to eat until breakfast is served. A camera or video recorder, and maybe even a laptop so you can upload pics and send them to people. Your phone so your SO can call people after the baby comes. A comfortable set of clothes to go home in, a couple onesies for baby and a going home outfit for him/her. Don't forget the carseat!!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• oh yeah! Don't forget the cell phone charger and extra batteries for the camera.. and nursing pads and bras!! Doesn't matter if your planning to bf or not.. your boobies will leak regardless!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009