are they crazy?

okay so my landlord wont let us have a pet unless we give him ANOTHER 650.00 deposit. thats the first crazy person i am referring to. so now my hubby wants to get our daughter a monkey for her birthday that way it will be easy to hide. thats the second crazy person what is this world coming to? just a bunch of morons

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They're both crazy!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• That is insane. I understand the extra pet deposit, but if they are going to have to replace the carpet when you move then I don't see the problem. A monkey, WTF. I wouldn't get a monkey b/c that is now another CHILD that YOU will have to care for.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• well honey you should see the carpets where we live. a pet is not going to do anymore damage to them they are gross. but yea i will have to take care of it. brilliant idea huh?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i have never heard of a pet deposit being that much. i thought it was crazy that the place we live in we have to pay a $200 pet deposit
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Your husband in a GENIUS!!!! LOL

The carpets where we live were new when we moved in but now they have something to be desired. It gets gross when you have a child constantly puking on them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yea that is what i was saying thats what we pay in rent. i can see maybe an extra 100 or something to put towards the deposit we already paid but 650.00
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• our carpets look like mr kool aid exploded on them lol but they were bad when we moved in
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• $650 is a ridiculous amount for a pet deposit! The most I have ever heard of is $250.

What about a monkey makes it "Easy to hide?" LOL! And the cost of a monkey, monkey food, vet bills, etc, will end up bing a lot more than a $650 pet deposit anyways!

so, to answer your question, YES they are crazy!
    Mama_McD

Answer by Mama_McD at 3:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A pet deposit is pretty standard and I have often seen it as a month's rent. A monkey on the other hand is a CRAZY idea! They are wild creatures and not meant to be kept as pets. They often turn out to be biters and are not good around children.

I fear that new TLC show about people having monkey pets is going to spark a very terrible monkey craze. Don't fall victim! They look cute, but they're terrible pets!
    Anonymous

• That much for a pet deposit is crazy! At our apartments, it is a 75 dollar deposit and that is it. LOL! A monkey! I would love to have a monkey. I would never get on of course but it is a nice thought!
    Anonymous