How old is she?

A cat was meowing at my door. I opended the door to see a tiny grey cat at my door and it ran in. I am going to keep the cat. She is mellow and my 17 month daughter loves her. The only thing, how can I tell how old she is?

USNmomwife

Asked by USNmomwife at 3:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pets

• The only accurate way i know it to ask a vet.......although if she is eating well on her own she is prolly at LEAST a month or two
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 3:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would have her looked at by a vet - get her the shots she needs, any deworming, etc. and the vet should be able to give you an estimate of her age.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I should add she looks like she might be a year old. Can you check by her teeth? (I just heard that - didn't know if it was true).
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 3:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yeah I was planning on taking her to a vet. Won't be able to for another few weeks. Just curious on if there was a way to check on your own! :) Thanks!
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 3:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If i saw a picture i would be able to give a better estimate if it was a kitten. The vet would be able to give you a ball park when you take her in for a check up and vaccines by looking at the teeth.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• agree with kyliesmom
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009