Work from home without...

Are there any work from home jobs/opportunities that I can do that DONT require a social security number to get paid? I don't like sales and I've done the whole Avon thing so I'm not crazy about that. Thank you!

MommyMandi86

Asked by MommyMandi86 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you run a business you can use a tax id number but otherwise you need a SSN to get paid. That is how they report your income to the IRS.
    Anonymous

• You will have to give any reputible company your SS number. It's the law that they report the money they pay you.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Hello! Unfortunately you will always have to give your SS# if you want to get paid. I would just make sure that you do your research on that company before you do it. I am a stay at home mom to my now 2 year old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 5:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Like most JOBS any legit company that hires you to work online or home business will require your SSN at some point. Why? Taxes! Legit companies pay them and thus they need your information just as an offline job would. There are sites such as GPT and Survey sites that will not require such information until you earn so much, but most will need it at some point. And those tend not to pay forth a shake either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Why don't you have a ssn? Why don't you apply for citizenship if you aren't a citizen and become legal so you can work legally??
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 6:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009, where did you read she doesn't have a SSN? I just see she doesn't want to give it out. Can you blame her?

Get a Tax ID#.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Anon 6:07: ummm...thats hilarious! I am a citizen...I was born in the U.S. I have a SSN, but I'm afraid of identity theft, like any other reasonable person would be.

To everyone else, thank you for kindly giving me this info (and not making assumptions LOL). I will get a Tax ID# in the morning. :)
    MommyMandi86

Answer by MommyMandi86 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• unfortunately, social security number is how they do taxes. what you want is to be able to not TELL someone your social security number. i work from home and i know when i am setting up new customer accounts we have a shared screen so i can help walk them through it, but when it gets down to the social security number and credit card and things like that, its all blocked out for me. all i can see is XXXX so i know that something is being put in, but i dont know what it is. that made me feel safer. throw in the company is awarded by the better business bureau and that made me feel even better. otherwise i probably wouldnt do it!
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 10:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2009