COC support for climate change change legislation a hoax.did anyone know of this to begin with?

In a dramatic shift, the Chamber of Commerce announced Monday that it is throwing its support behind climate change legislation making its way through the U.S. Senate.

Only it didn’t.

An email press release announcing the change is a hoax, say Chamber officials...

...The Yes Men, a left-leaning activist group that often impersonates officials from organizations they oppose, took responsibility for the hoax.

Andy Bichlbaum—an alias the activist uses for Yes Men demonstrations—told POLITICO that his group is targeting the Chamber for what he considers “retrograde” positions on climate change.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28456.html

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 4:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• make sure you watch the video ladies lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• oops did not mean to type *change* twice
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• More outright lying from the left ... and they really don't think it's wrong - they're just working to correct a "retrograde" position.
    Wow.

Of course, this is nothing new - activists with leftist philosophy have for decades considered themselves above the law, and engaged in destructive - even murderous - "protests".

I guess that is a natural result of their elitist attitude: "regular Americans are just too dumb to understand how very correct WE are ... OUR ideas are correct and we can ignore any dissent."
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Wow.... I am speechless... I am sorta not surprised by this.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm so glad the real person who works for the US Chamber of Commerce had the cahonies to stand up and speak out. I'm sure he was sent to see what was going on. I hope the people who staged the press conference are arrested for fraud.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's sad the these people need to lie and commit fraud to push their agenda.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Hmmm .... mancosmomma, you bring up a remarkable point: "It's sad the these people need to lie and commit fraud to push their agenda. "

You're right - they DO need to lie to push their agenda, because if they were forthright about what they have in mind, their agenda would be vigorously opposed. As that new movie "Not Evil, Just Wrong" profiles, a basic principle of the carbon-tax agenda is that human needs and human suffering are of no consequence when compared to ... well, ANYTHING environmental.

Probably this comes out of the progressive religion of politically-correct environment worship which is the state religion promulgated in schools and teachers' colleges. And through the teachers it has also permeated private schools.

I am entirely anti-pollution etc., but for me - children developing into noble human beings is paramount.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2009