When do YOU feel 'human life' begins...

With all the abortion questions lately...

I'm not going into the debate about cells being 'live'...when do you (or your faith) believe 'human life' begins??

For me personally I feel that point is reached only after brain activity begins. We regularly take people off life support for being 'brain dead'; that's considered 'mercy & compassion' not murder...I don't see any difference.

Potential shouldn't factor into it because you can not predict the future. You have no idea the potential of any pregnancy until birth...

As such I am Pro-Choice. I thankfully have never had to make that choice; but I fully support and will fight for others to retain that right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe at conception!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• at conception
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• At conception.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP here

Can you ladies explain why you hold those beliefs and what faith you follow?

I remember reading that in Jewish custom they didn't feel the 'spirit' entered the body until birth...is that right? Darn; not I'm not sure I'm remembering that 100%...??
    Anonymous

• At conception.

No one says, "I've got an embryo in me!", they say "Im having a baby".
    Its never, "Aww, you've gota fetus", Its "Aww, congrats on your baby"
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• At the age of viability. Until then they are a parasite.
    Anonymous

• i think if you didnt have "life" inside you, a pregnancy test would read neggative,if you do then it reads possitive,so what your saying is, when your mom was pregnant you didnt exist until you had brain activity? so ur mom had no life in her? so she must not have been pregnant then,im pro adoption if you dont want a baby give it to some one that does.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• When a baby can live outside a womb with out assistance. I am not talking about the regular care a baby needs. I am talking about ventilators and feeding tubes that kind of assistance.

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• When it's capable of living outside of the woman's body. Until then, it's a part of her, dependent on her and doesn't exist without her.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP here

Gealach: I have no control over other's choices in vocabulary. I personally don't refer to a pregnancy as a 'baby' until after the 6 - 7 month mark...

Anon: I actually agree to some extent; although had you explained yourself better it would have come off less snarky and 'troll-y'

BUSYLOVINGHIM: Hormones create a chemical reaction with a pregnancy test; not 'life'...
    Anonymous