Paid blogging!!!?

I want to get paid for blogging, I'm a great writer. Where should I go to get paid to write from home? I have a blog but am not interested in the affiliate commission stuff. Thanks!

MommyMandi86

Asked by MommyMandi86 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• different websites like wordpress will let you create a blog, and if you can get different home businesses to advertise on it you will earn a small monthly income.
    Just google blog so you can find the companies! Not a great way to make an income, just some spending cash.
    MarieEvelyn

Answer by MarieEvelyn at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• In order to get paid substantially for blogging, you almost always have to have a degree specific to the area you are writing about, and usually some journalism experience on top of that. Unfortunately, the few who are paid to blog are usually either journalists or other commentators who had a stable career before taking up the blog, or were incredibly lucky and just got noticed by the right person at the right time. Like Perez Hilton. Ugh. Anyway, I wouldn't expect to find a company that is "hiring" bloggers very easily - unless you have some lobbying experience and are looking to write for a specific cause and can find a company willing to pay you for getting their msg out there, it is a bit of a wild goose chase. Sorry. And take my word for it - I had the dream of writing a political blog and went to school for it and everything. But I am s*** outta luck, and my guess is that you are, too.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's easier to sell blog content. You write 5 to 10 blogs on a topic, then list the blogs as a "pack". Post the first half of your best blog in that pack so people can see what kind of job you do and sell it.
    I'm a terrible writer, I can't even spell and I can sell a pack of 10 posts all 300 to 500 words for $50.00 to $100.00 each. Can you imagine if I was good at it?
    I'm not sure if I explained that well, I'm on some meds and they're kicking my butt tonight, so I'm going to add an example. I can write 5 to 10 blogs on something popular like digital cameras, I list them just about anywhere (except eBay, because it's not tangible) , then I set it up so as soon as they pay for it, paypal sends them an email with a link to where they can download. I change the link every so often. It's easier to do it through you own blog.
    Email me and I'll give you more details when my head clears.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• www.helium.com is one I heard of.

They have an area where people are looking for writers on a specific topic, if they like the one you posted, you get the amount is pays.

You can make money on their site pretty easily, not that great, but it is an excellent way to get noticed and SO many topics to write about.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Isn't this post really asking, how can I get paid to play on the computer all day? If blogging were a paid job someone could live on, do you not think people as lazy as they are today would be scrambling to have that job. Amazing at how many questions women have that ask how can I get paid to work at home on my computer, when they are really asking is how do I get free money for goofing off that I'm going to do anyway. This post screams of desperation, I need money, I don't have any money, so where can I find money and call it a job because playing on the computer is what I really want to do instead of finding a real job. OMFG already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• There are bloggers who make a lot of money. Atrios who created the Daily Kos. The guy who writes Buzz Flash. Jennifer McCann who writes Vegan Lunchbox.

Find your passion!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your responses. As far an Anon goes...Wow, sure do have a lot to say when you're hiding your identity. Yes, for your information, I do need money. However, I am not lazy. I don't play on the computer all day. I am unable to work because I have a severe seizure disorder. I thought making money for the posts I write occasionally (which I am great at) would be of help to me and my family. There is nothing wrong with asking if I could get a little extra money from writing. This would help me to feel that I can contribute montetarily to my family. I don't appreciate your answer.You have no idea what someone else's life is like. I hope you feel like a total ass for posting that. If I didn't have this disease I would be working my ass off right now and wouldn't be worrying about making extra money. I feel bad for you, you must be a miserable person.
    MommyMandi86

Answer by MommyMandi86 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2009

• by the way that last comment was meant for anon 8:34 AM. Go to my page...read the journal post I made especially for you.
    MommyMandi86

Answer by MommyMandi86 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2009