So many of us think our men won't cheat...

According to Newsweek, roughly 50% of men cheat and over 80% won't admit it even under intense questioning! In all these 'my husband cheated' posts, there are at least a handful of women who say "My husband would never!" When in fact, probably half of them already have! A woman always knows when her man is cheating. They say never ignore your intuition. I know I ignored mine with my ex who was a cheating snake. I always knew but I was in denial.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• This is my biggest fear... and something i think of all the time. I hate to say it bout my own husband... but i bet he would esp if he was wasted. thats what so upsetting.
    Anonymous

• I trust my husband and until he proves me otherwise I will always trust him. I think it depends on the relationship. My fiancee and I are very open and honest about our feelings and if we are not happy with something we tell each other so we can fix it. We know marriage is hard work and we work everyday on it, that is why we are so happy together. We both know that cheating is usually from someone who is unhappy so we work hard to make each other happy. We also would tell each other if we were temped to cheat and both would rather leave the relationship than disrespect each other and ourselves by cheating.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• So how would that conversation go, exactly?" HOney, today I saw this really hot guy and wondered what it'd be like to kiss him.'" Or: "I stared at this girl's ass today..." You're really that honest?
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have talked about the cheating issue. I'm among those who are confident of him not cheating, and always have been. Perhaps because we'd been together for a long time before marriage and there were NO secrets.

Or maybe because my Italian dad and brother had a words with him before our marriage? If you know stepping out of line is guaranteed to leave you without your plumbing, you won't stray. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You have to have faith in your partner. I get what you are saying, and I know it is pretty common for men to cheat, but you can't live your life in suspicion or you will have a very unhealthy marriage. If you have reason to believe that he is cheating that's one thing, but you can't just walk around thinking about it all the time for no reason.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well if a women always knows, then mine certainly isn't. I don't believe he ever will. I don't think I am naive for believing this either. I had an ex boyfriend who I dated for 2.5 years and he cheated. DH isn't that kind of person. I trust him. Even if I didn't he doesn't have a chance to cheat. He works with all men, I meet him at the gym every day when he gets off work and then we both go straight home. He also calls me from work all the time bored, so I know he's there. We've had friends whose DH's have cheated and he thinks they're idiots and scumbags. I've never had even the slightest hint that he could be cheating.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's crazy how so many women say "Well if I didn't trust him, I wouldn't have married him." But obviously it happens! And I'm sure the women who were cheated on say the same thing. I mean who goes into a marriage KNOWING their husband is going to cheat on them? Nobody, but it happens. Of course I trust my husband. We are happy but I am not going to jinx myself by saying he would never. Never say never! I just make sure I keep him happy and he keeps me happy so we're good right now!
    Anonymous

• We see people cheating on each other all the time and its heartbreaking.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• This makes me very sad, but also very thankful for my relationship with my husband. We have been through a LOT and I can confidently say that we know eachother very well and trust eachother with everything. We have struggled too and have managed to get through it and if we every struggle (little or small) my husband knows that I will fight for him and my family.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Women cheat as much as men do if not more so half of you on here will cheat too if you haven't already.lol

Anything can happen but living a life of what ifs is not really a life at all. My husband and I work daily to keep our marriage strong. When one of us feels disconnected we talk about it and fix it. For 16 years of our relationship I know he has not cheated on me and I have not cheated on him. In the future anything could happen if we put each other second and let our marriage fail. Cheating is a choice it doesn't just happen. Some men and women choose to hurt their spouse and are incapable of real love. Some choose to do the right thing and talk to their spouse. We all have a choice some are strong and make the right one some are so weak and so low they don't.
    Anonymous