Deleting Posts in Groups?

I'm used to using phpBB, so please forgive me.

How do I set up the group so only the Admin can delete a thread? I don't care if they delete their posts, but not the first post that starts the thread.

We have some members who start a thread/topic and we get going with some good information and ideas then for some reason the person who started the topic will delete it. I know how to stop this in phpBB, but not in CM groups.

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 4:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I don't think you can stop it. At least we have never had that option before. Those who start a thread can always delete it. Sorry - I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for. :-)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If it's their post they can delete it. There is no option an owner can choose to change that. Sorry.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• To add to what I just said, the only thing you can do is put it in your group guidelines that you do not want posts being deleted and if they do they are subject to being removed. I know in the CafeMom Discussion group the Team states that they do not want people deleting posts.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Thank you ladies, I had a feeling.

micheledo, some times the right answer isn't the one we want to here, but thank you for posting it.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009