What do you think of smoking around babies/kids?

I see som many moms and dads, g-parents, smoking around their babies...
What do you think of this? Personally I beleive it's not okay, no matter how old they are.

ChloesMommy1030

Asked by ChloesMommy1030 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Smoking is not OK period. I don't care who you're smoking around.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• smoking around kids should be illegal....i am a smoker and I smoke outside and never in the car , let alone my daughter or anyones kids.....yes yes smoking is bad and not ok...lol
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 4:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• As a smoker, a long time smoker, I think it is a HORRIBLE thing to do. Not in the car, not in the house, no one is allowed to. :) I tried to quit while I was preggers, managing to get down to 3 smokes or less a day, only smoking to help with the headaches. (Dr. said no more than 3, and he would agree to it. I couldn't take my headache meds while preggers) I would have rather quit. So yeah, as a smoker, I wish other parents wouldn't smoke around their kids. Most I have talked to insist that their parents did it to them, and they turned out ok.
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't believe in people smoking around there kids esp as babys because it can cuase ear aches and things but i don't believe in it period honestly no matter what the case kill yourself all you want keep everyone else away from it!
    ryleesmommy2009

Answer by ryleesmommy2009 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i smoke but nowhere near the kids
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I was a smoker until a month before I got pregnant (it was fate I didn't have to quit when I found out). As a person who was once a smoker, I must say I think it is completely unforgivable to smoke around your children, ESPECIALLY in the house and car. I don't understand how anyone can do this with all the data that shows how harmful second hand smoke is. Twenty years ago I can see how a parent could do this, but now there is no excuse.

I was a 6th grade teacher and used to be able to smell kids from a couple feet away who came from homes with smokers. :(
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 5:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Its selfish. IF you want to expose your self to the consiquences fine, have at it, but a child shouldn't be exposed. I really hope that it becomes illegal some day to smoke around kids.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think some people are too touchy about how close is too close.
    I mean yea inside or in a car, very very stupid.
    But one time I was out with my boyfriend and our daughter and I was smoking. DD was in her stroller and I was like 5 feet way, the wind was blowing the smoke in the other direction and I still had someone give me shit. What am I supposed to do walk half way down the block?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Smoking around anyone should be illegal. It is very irresponsible and selfish to smoke especially when you have children. Kill yourself slowly if you wish but second hand smoke, no matter how far away you may think you are, KILLS. Think of that child suffering a lifetime of aliments all because the caregiver couldn't obtain the will power / help needed to stop, EXTREMELY SELFISH and wrong on every level and should be a punishable offense!!  Quit for your child, quit for yourself, quit for someone else, JUST QUIT!

Anonymous

• I dont think any one should smoke around kids I grew up in a house where my mom and dad smoked around us all the time actually my hole family smoked around us. Since I grew up around smoking I was lucky that I didnt start smoking theres a very few of us in our family that dosnt smoke but I dont allow any one to smoke around my daughter after she was bornen I told my mom I didnt want her smoking around my daughter so she goes outside when shes around. I think its very disrespectful. My husbands side of the family dosnt smoke and there the ones that keep my daughter when im at work so I dont have to worry about any one smoking around my daughter.
    Anonymous