For ladies who have children between 13-18

Do you feel yourself making ur children do more than u do in your house.. I know its ok to make children do chores and its like pulling a tooth sometimes. but it just popped in my head how my husbands parents used to make him do everything, his stepmom is crazy anyways. but she would scream make him clean her room do vaccuming everyday dishwasher clean kitchen bathroom EVERYTHING daily and she didnt do anything! she workes yes. but on weekends she sat on her but and made him do everything andwas rude about it. any ways jus wanted to know.

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 4:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 13 yo does more than most of her friends but less than my husband and I did at that age. She also does less than I do now.
    Anonymous

• I am 21 and I have a 18 MONTH old, but when I was growing up that is how it was at my house.. or pretty close. I started doing serious chores when I was 8. My parents both worked full time, and my siblings and I rotated and we did the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, the living rooms, the bathrooms, our rooms, everything. We did work outside, too. And I COMPLETELY APPRECIATE having that responsiblity and being taugh all of these things because now I can do all of it in my home without any issues. My parents did stuff, too, but we definately did more than they did. But they made the money so we had nice things, and I don't see anything wrong with "pulling your weight" around the house. I think kids who don't have chores when they're young end up not knowing how to do stuff for themselves as adults.
    Anonymous

• My kids do nothing. Their responsible for their bed rooms and right now they are a mess. We expect good grades and good behavior. My husband would rather clean up himself then wait for the teenagers to help. It is annoying. They know it too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009