Good parts of religion

This is for everyone. Is there anything you feel is good about religion? It seems like we are so quick to point out the bad, lets talk about the good!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that there is MUCH good in religion. For example, many studies show that cancer patients who have faith are more likely to survive then cancer patients who do not have faith.

I believe that cancer patients aren't the only ones who benefit from faith.

Of course, ...i'm assuming here that we are using the words religion and faith interchangeably. If not, ...then i'm not sure if there are any good things about "religion".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think that for those who aren't strong enough to deal on their own, having something to lean on is probably good for their mental health. Think Dumbo and the feather.
    Anonymous

• For the most part many religions seem to put an emphasis on the importance of spending time together as families (and they often provide activities for families to do together) which I think is great. I am studying to be a teacher and we have read so many things that talk about how important it is to a child's life that they have supportive families. Those who are close with their families are less likely to get into trouble

jm14879

Answer by jm14879 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Tell you what I find is good. After years of being "unchurched" I've found a place where I feel welcome, where I know some of my and where I get assurance that God is there for me no matter what.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• The community aspect is nice thats about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Ig God cared, he would of not let my Grandma die - he would of saved my best friend's life.. God is dead. He does not exist.
    Anonymous

• Anon
    I'm afraid that your pain is clouding your thought process. Your Grandma (in theory) is in a better place. She's in heaven with Jesus (if you are Christian) or resting in the bright sunny fields of the Pagan spirit world (if you are Pagan. lol)
    If you are (or were) Christian then they are with Jesus. How is that not caring? They will never feel pain again, they are happy and looking down on you.
    If you are Pagan, well, death is a part of life. Corn and grain, corn and grain, all that falls shall rise again. Hoof and horn, hoof and horn, all that dies shall be reborn.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• What I like about my religion is it's emphasis on taking care of others.
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 7:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• As with anything there are good and bad aspects of religion. One of the best things I think that comes from religion is a sense of trying to better oneself (become a better person) and helping others.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009