Blaming God

When you see people blaming God for various things that have happened in life, what do you think? Is it an excuse, is it a valid thing to do, or what?

I honestly never know what to think. In my own mind I just feel like things happen for a reason. Sometimes it takes a while to find those reasons out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why not others blame Satan?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I blamed God this morning for something that happened.
    Anonymous

• James 1:13
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I pitty people who blame God for bad things happening to them. They never stop to consider that maybe JUST maybe God is trying to get their attention, nor do they stop to consider that their own decisions, actions and choices usually are what leads to bad things happening to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• This is an interesting question. I always try to understand others' feelings because it always surprises me when believers turn from God when in pain instead of towards God.

I have a family who blamed God for a very long time over the death of a loved one along with a devastating physical issue. I am not sure if she really blamed God or she just needed to place blame. Whichever the result was the same- she lost her faith. She did end up returning to the Lord 25 years later. But because of her, I always try to keep in mind that people react differently when in pain.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• since satan is the ruler of this earth, we should blame him. hes the one misleading the entire earth and causing pain. God is loving.

(James 1:13) When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009