Porn

I have read past posts about porn and it seems like most people do not see any problem with it, and view it as normal. Well my questions is after what age is it normal and ok? Is it ok for 11yr olds to watch? even certain 11 yr olds? or is it something only for adults? And if there is a certain age you feel it is ok after, why? why isn't it appropriate for those younger than that age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• it comes down to the maturity level...when you say child, that's too young...some 16 year olds are not mature either to realize that porn is not necessarily real...it is scripted and you need to realize that healty sex can be affected by watching porn and trying to imitate it...They first need to know what a healthy sexual relationship involves and work with that...then porn can come into it as an amusement value
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• At the very basic level...I don't think anybody should be able/allowed to view it until they are at least old enough to purchase it. So you have to be 18 to go into an Adult "bookstore" right? So I would say 18.
    Anonymous

• Porn is adult content so only adults shoudl view it and to legally be an adult you have to be 18. I find nothing wrong with porn and neither does my fiancee
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have no problem with porn. In fact I'm a big fan. As for an age, I would much rather my 11 year old wankin it in front of the TV than makin me a gramma... It's a mater of maturity... not an age.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i would say at least 18 for porn movies...but i know some younger kids 14+ that would be mature enough with porn mags.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• 18, so they can buy it themselves legally LOL.

Do I expect them to hide dirty magazines at some point during their teen years(I have sons)...yes. Will it wig me out...yes. Will they get tossed upon being found...more than likely.

I want my sons to talk to me about anything on their minds and that includes porn and sex. Id prefer they look at the magazines then go out and experiment but I hope they will chat with us about it all first and foremost.

We shall see.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Here I am the unpopular prude, lol. I don't agree with porn in any form, ever. Other than that I agree with everything Amaranth said.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh, and porn for an 11yr old would probably be the equivalent of a Victoria's Secret magazine, not a playboy, lol! Some girls in lingerie or a bikini should do the trick.....lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Speaking as a Christian, I don't believe porn is okay for anyone... adult or child. But in regards to an 11 yr old child, what kind of child are you trying to raise? I don't think a child should be exposed to sexual acts that early in any form. Of course you should talk to your child about sex, but from an educational point of view. Watching porn is only going tempt an already curious mind, and once they see it they will want to act on it even more. Porn can also affect how these children view the opposite sex. If they havent already, they will see them as sexual objects.
    This is why God has sex in a specific category between one man & one woman and why lusting is a sin. It can cause so much distortion & unhealthy sexual feelings that you should stay away from it all together.
    kayladbrooks

Answer by kayladbrooks at 8:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2009