SEX!!!

so i used to be able to have sex before my daughter was born, then she was and i lost my interest in sex. everyone said that it will come back and that its jsut my hormones, well its been 2 years, and i still have no interest in it, and its hurting my relationship, my husband doesnt understand and thinks i just dont have him or something like that... is there anything i can take or that the doctor can do to help me.. if any was has thins problem please write something...
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you on birth control? Some forms will have a rare reaction that kills libido. Then the old saying goes 'the more you have it, the more you will want it' this is what happened to me...I was on nuvaring and didn't want sex (1 year) stopped using it, sex drive came back for about 6 months then died again...started forcing myself to have sex and within a month I wanted it all the time again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A doctor can actually check your hormone levels and see if that's where the problems is coming from.. Also, they have this test that they can do, to see how much blood flow you are getting in your down there to see if that's the problem. Do you have any physical reaction to sexual stimulation?

There are other things that could play into your sex drive: stress, are you getting enough rest, getting enough exercise, are you emotionally sexually stimulated, or you mentally sexually stimulated......... Do you have mental or emotional reactions to sexual stimulation.

Lots of things in our everyday lives can affect our sex drives, just as much as medical issues can.
    simplee_me

Answer by simplee_me at 5:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i had the same issue w/ both of my kids. i never really got back into sex, but i began to tell myself that i needed to do it, or someone else would.
    putting urself in a positve mind set about it helps drastically. if ur constantly thinking about how much u dont wanna do it, u will never enjoy it.
    we all have times where we want nothing to do w/ it. and idk how u would feel about this, so if it offends u i am sorry. why dont u spend some time romancing urself. imagine fantasies. anything that gets ur blood pumping. maybe even watch a grown up movie ;) good luck.
    Anonymous

• I was the exact same way. I was still attracted to my husband, but I just did not want to have sex. I bought this stuff from Wal-Mart called Labido Max. I started taking that and ever since I have been jumping his bones all the time. I started about 6 weeks ago. It started working after just about 2 or 3 days. I love it! And so does DH! lol. You can find it in the vitamin section.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• two years is a very long time, please seek some profesional help if you're able to.
    are you sure that's only 'cause you gave a birth, is there anything else going on? after i gave a birth for the first time, my hubby changed... there was no foreplay, sex and everything lasted for about 15 min.. that drove me crazy and i started losing my interest...

i want you to know you're not the only one, almost every woman went trough something like that or will.........
    don't give up, keep trying!!! and so your hubby should!!!

good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2009