I think my belly is getting smaller

Seriously, i know it sounds weird but even my husband agreed. Im 25 wks pregnant and my belly looks smaller than it did a couple wks ago. Could something be wrong or is she just in a different position, like further back or something? Or is something wrong..surely not I feel her kick and move around all the time. I can even see her kick now. What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Two things that I know of could be affecting that. First the baby could be in a different position. That can really change how your belly looks. Second, have you gained any weight in the last week or so? If you haven't gained you yourself may have actually lost some weight while your baby continued to grow. That could make you look smaller too.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• As long as you have had prenatal care, I'm sure that you're fine. If you are concerned, maybe you can get an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok.
    Anonymous

• Probably just the baby shifting or turned at a different angle. You may be loosing weight. It sometimes happenes during pregnancy. Be sure to go to your regular Dr check-up's and tell the Dr your concerns.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• okay thanks guys, I have lost over 15lbs so far and gained 3 I have an appt next wk and was hoping i gained but maybe i lost..hope not. I have gall stones so my food selection sucks but baby has been healthy
    Anonymous

• Maybe you were retaining water, and it came off.
    Anonymous