Freezing Lasagna?? Someone Please Help.

I just made a lasagna for my daughter's birthday dinner tomorrow night. I just put it in the freezer. I plan on putting it the over around 4:30 pm tomorrow. When should I bring it out of the freezer-right before it goes in the oven or a few hrs before???

MandyT1021

Asked by MandyT1021 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Why are you freezing it? I would just put it in the fridge and put it directly in the oven tomorrow. My mom makes lasagna for Christmas dinner every year and that is what she does. She actually makes hers two days ahead.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If the dinner is tomorrow night, I'd just keep it in the fridge the whole time until it needs to go in the oven. It might take several hours to defrost, so unless the recipe specifies how to adjust the oven temp and bake time for cooking it from frozen, I wouldn't freeze it.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh gosh don't freeze it! Just put it in the fridge, the noodles will taste so much better, plan on about 15 minutes extra to allow it to warm up, and wait to put the cheese on top until the last 20 or so! Happy Birthday!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Okay thank you!!! Don't laugh at me trying to freeze it. I don't often make things too much ahead of time so that's why I came to ask you ladies... Thanks so much
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I agree - if it's just 1 day in advance, don't bother with the freezer :) If you do freeze something like that, I would give it a few extra hours in the fridge to thaw before cooking.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We are not laughing :D
    Not everyone is Martha Stewart... I am, but that is just me...har har har... I am so NOT martha... I wish I was a tad more like her though.
    Enjoy your tasty dinner!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You just forgot to give us all your address so we can come for dinner ;)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009