Babysitter falling asleep?

Would you be upset of your babysitter laid down with the kids when they took a nap and fell asleep too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, cause I do it with my DD...now if she/he didn't get up with my kids, heck ya I'd be ticked.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• As long as the sitter woke up and cared for the kids when needed no I wouldn't be. If the sitter didn't than yes I would be very angry!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well. I am the OP and babysitter...I was exhausted today and laid down with my DD and the 3 yr old I babysit. I fell asleep BUT was up and awake BEFORE they woke up.
    Anonymous

• no, sometimes i take a nap with kids. when i babysat, i'd fall asleep after the kids went to bed, none of the parents minded either. (most of them were the kids in my preschool class) sometimes i'd watch them at night while the parents went out on a date, i'd end up falling asleep on the couch a little while after putting the kids to bed (of course i made sure the kids were asleep first)
    Anonymous

• Then what's the problem OP? As a mother, you know how tiring it can be to chase even 1 child all day so other mothers should understand chasing 2or 3 can be doubly tiring.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I just wanted to hear what other moms would say bc I kinda feel bad about it...bc I am technically supposed to be supervising him constantly.
    Anonymous

• Would you wake if he was in distress? You probably would since mother's have fine hearing, even if it's not your child.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh, that's why when someone yells mom in a store, every woman within a 50 yard radius turns to see if it's their child even when they aren't with them that day
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• The kids were asleep too? No. I would be upset if the kids were up and the baby-sitter took a nap.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I watch kids and will on occasion when I need it, will nap also. I have a friend who does the same. We will call the other and get them to be our wake up call. This insures that we don't over sleep and are up before the kids are usually up. Home care situations are more relaxed and allow for these types of situations. Parent's should accept and understand, so long as their kids are safe. I also used to work in a daycare and when I was preggo with my first I would nap at sleep time. It was my break time. I would pull up a piece of carpet, lol, and sleep. But only when the lady I worked in the room wilth was back from her lunch.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2009