who do you put first your husband or your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• God,Hubby Then my boy.i need God to make my marriege better,i need a hubby to raise a boy,my son just needs our love,he is importanst but with out my hubby i wouldnt have him and my husband is lovely to both of us.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Kids...my husband is a grown man and can fend for himself if need be...my kid(s) depend on me to help them grow, so they always come first...my husband also knows this and I expect him to put the kid(s) first before me too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Depends on the situation, I am with my 3 yr old ALL day long and when my husband comes home from work (and he hates work) I should try to divert my attention to him a little more, my toddler had my attention all day. But in any other case i put my child first.
    Anonymous

• My husband and i BOTH put our kids first.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• well, I my husband and I are until death... my kids when they are grown will leave and get married and they need OUR example on how to make a marriage and family work. We work together as a team on parenting our children in a way that will meet their needs and train them, but we also have to be very pro-active in our marriage to make sure that its stable and fulfilling. So to answer your question, by my husband and I putting our marriage first we are actually putting our kids first as well.... does that make sense?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My daughter comes first over any and everyone. My SO (does this make a difference) understands that. We do spend quality time together, but only if/when/after our DD has been taken care of.
    Anonymous

• I put my kids 1st during my 1st marriage and still think that's why he left me b/c I wasn't giving him the attention he needed and with this dh I also put my dd 1st but the difference is I don't care 1 way or the other if this one leaves. I don't put the energy into this marriage that I did the 1st 1b/c why the 1st 1 left me I put all my energy into the 1st so why should I this one a person just gets hurt by those damn men anyway he loves me so he says and I make it work but I don't have my emtions so far into this 1 that I won't be as hurt I would hope.
    Anonymous

• My relationship with my husband is of higher priority than is my relationship with my children. We are both concerned for their welfare and we try to help them, but we have made vows to each other to honor and cherish one another. Truthfully, the best gift you can give to your children is the model of a great marriage to them. I have now lived long enough to see the fruit of that, and I promise you that it is of great benefit. If you are a younger mom, you might remember that your children will be with you for 18 years or so. Then they will leave. If you are blessed as I have been, your hubby will be around for a lot longer. If you don't keep the marriage nourished when the children are home, you won't have a lot to work with when they are gone. So, I think it is very important to keep the marriage top priority.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I put our family first and make time for both my fiancee and my son.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• There are situations that warrent more time towards my son and others for my fiancee. Its all about a fair balance
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009