Do you feel like you are always doing things that you don't want to?

I do.

My brother likes to have bon-fire parties and invite his friends out to drink. He is 40 and I'm 32, we are WAY different. I no longer drink (liked it a bit too much in my younger years) and he has racist friends whom I despise. Him and his very loud GF always ask why we NEVER COME...Ugh, I don't want to be rude and guess that I could go, but listening to AC/DC out by the fire watching people get trashed sounds miserable. How often do you give in? I will soon, but UGH!

jalex

Asked by jalex at 6:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why not go for a couple hours and then leave...no one says you have to stay until they are falling down drunk...I'd just make an appearance then say that you have to get home to let the babysitter go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Not often. My friend who has no children is constantly trying to get me and another coworker to go out clubbing, but both of us would rather stay at home with our kids. When I tell her I have no babysitter, she says "Tell your mom to watch them." like my mom is sitting by the phone waiting for me to ask her to babysit so I can go out drinking! If someone wants me to go out and i don't feel like it, I just tell them I have to work the next day, or I have no sitter or I just don't feel like it!
    Anonymous

• Don't ever go in. tell his to grow up. Sounds like my family freaken howling at the moon. I NEVER go with them nor would I!! Don't give in EVER!!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009