*spin off* Do you believe to get into heaven you must simply say I believe?

So an axe murderer can hatch a person up but as long as he believes in Jesus all is good? He believed in Jesus before the chopping, during the hacking and after the hatching so he is heaven bound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not Christian

...but if i were, no. I would not believe that. You must have faith of Jesus and believe and confess out loud and in your heart that He is your savior. AND you must do God's work.

that is my opinion of course ...as a "non-believer" (i'm Pagan)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No. I think that faith and good works are what will get us to heaven. So believing in and proclaiming Jesus as your Lord and Savior is only one part of it. However, by doing that usually (not always) a person is compelled to do good things in their life and not evil. Those that are hateful as Christians did not accept Jesus wholeheartedly. They were being fake about it when they did so.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If anyone truly believes what you present then they are following a false god. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• "If anyone truly believes what you present then they are following a false god."

how so? Jesus is not a false God to them. I am not really looking at temptation, I am thinking is all you have to do is believe?
    Anonymous

• Not necessarily. If he did all that, but then truly repented, confessed,asked forgiveness,and sought to pay his debt to society for his crimes.... he would be a candidate for Heaven. God doesn't see things as we do, and I am so glad of it!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• So an axe murderer can hatch a person up but as long as he believes in Jesus all is good?
    -------------------------

I don't buy into once saved always saved. So absolutely not. I will say that no sin is unforgivable- but just claiming the title Christian and then going and doing whatever the hell you want to isn't going to cut it.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• LOL- no pun intended.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If he did all that, but then truly repented, confessed,asked forgiveness,and sought to pay his debt to society for his crimes.... he would be a candidate for Heaven. God doesn't see things as we do, and I am so glad of it!
    ***

so what you are saying believing in Jesus isn't enough he must do more such as the things you mentioned right after "but then"?

I will have to say I agree. The Catholic Church has always taught us God will forgive us our sins but we are also taught it takes more than saying I believe.
    Anonymous

• no.. but if he sincerely repents for what he did, according to the bible he can.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• which is why (one of many reasons) i'm not a follower of Christianity..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009