ERF????

For those who practice this...how old and what weight did you eventually turn your child FF?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 14mths old and weighs about 22lbs... He is still rear facing, and as it stands now, will be rear facing to 40lbs unless they come out with a higher weight seat (Not a Sunshine Kids Radian) then he will rear face as long as possible.

The only reason you HAVE to switch to forward facing is if your child outgrows their seat.... and at 20lbs I seriously doubt that. Rear facing as long as possible is GOOD and its SAFEST.... I hate when parents spew out wrong information like they actually know something...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• I haven't turned mine yet.... He's 13 months and 25lbs (yes, he's a porker, heh). I have every intention of keeping him RF as long as possible, AT LEAST till he's 2, hopefully. I think mine goes up to 35lbs, so whenever he hits that, I suppose.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my dd is 31 mts and 29lbs. her chair goes up to 35 lbs. she hasnt gained any weight in 7 mts so am guessing it wil be a while
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My daughter is 17 months, about 20 lbs... Forward facing because of safety guidelines... There is a reason it switches to FF, leaving it RF for too long isn't necessarily good.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

Who lied to you?
    Anonymous

• Almost 24 months, and about 26 pounds, and still rear facing here.
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 10:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• 16 mos and rearfacing. Research shows it is safest. He will be rearfacing until he reaches the limit or if they come out with one that rearfaces longer, he will be put in that one
    Abbey3

Answer by Abbey3 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• My dd is 14 mo. 26 lb. & tall so is FF. It can't be good for their legs to be all cramped up either. if in an accident they could break both legs that way. I switched her at 1 yr & 20 lbs.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 8:49 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Um, actually, I would rather my childs legs break than his neck.
    And my son's feet touch the back of my seat and he has no problem with it.
    And its actually more uncomfortable to have that dead weight of their legs hanging off the edge of the seat FF than to be able to prop them up rear facing.
    Oh, and there is NOT ONE documented case of a child breaking their legs from rear facing alone......
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 21, 2009