Why do microwaves have a popcorn button...

Then on the popcorn bag itself, it says "Do not use popcorn button?"!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because they started making the bags smaller over the past year or so. They used to be 3.5 oz. Some brands still are, and some have shaved a few oz off but still charge the same for it and hope you won't notice. You will if you use the button because it will burn every time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It prob says that because every brand varies in time just as every microwave varies in temp. I have to stop mine 15 seconds ahead when i press the button or itll burn lol. I guess microwave companies think it convenient becasue of how popular popcorn is to make lol I feel so weird goiing into depth about the popcorn button! LMAO Id write a letter! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Too many burnt popcorn bags. They do not want a liability.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• That is a good question and I have no idea why...lol, sorry that I am not much help. I am interested to see the answers
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• LOL! Can you just see the letters to a popcorn company from a disgruntled customer?! " Your popcorn is crap because I used the popcorn button and it burned!"
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I always thought that was kinda dumb, too. But of course, I usually make popcorn the traditional way, with a pot, oil, and the kernels.

You'd think that by now, they'd either figure out a way to improve microwave popcorn or improve the function of the 'popcorn' button!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 7:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009