Do you really think the anglican church and Catholic church will ever come together?

it has only been 400 years LOL

The Catholic Church is responding to the many requests that have been submitted to the Holy See from groups of Anglican clergy and faithful in different parts of the world who wish to enter into full visible communion," Levada said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If the Catholic church see's there is Money to be made from accepting them then I definitely think they will go for it. They seem to be motivated by $ just like every other organized religion.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't know enough about the differences or similarities in doctrine and beliefs and all of that to really know if it's possible or not. (I'm Catholic)
    Anonymous

• I would certainly be pleased.

"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

___
    i thought the Catholic bashing went away. I see it just went to simmer until it strike like a poisonous snake
    Anonymous

• I think it's a possiblity. Look at the Eastern rites in the Catholic Church - many of them broke away with the Orthodox/Catholic schism and then later returned to the Catholic fold. They certainly have been in talks for a while - I do pray that it's possible. And I just heard on the radio how the Vatican established new structures to absorb disaffected Anglicans - I haven't been able to learn more about it yet, but it sounds promising.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Some may believe that it's a sign of unity. I differ in that I believe it will be another sign of great apostasy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

Probably from a misreading of Revelation.  Looking at the rest of scripture tells a different story.  The Bible speaks of a Church "united" in "body and soul" (Acts 4:32). There shall be one fold and one shepherd" (John 10:16). Paul likens the Church to "the body of Christ" (1 Cor. 12:27, Eph. 5:30, Col. 1:18.)  If Christ's Church is His body, it must be uniform.  Jesus prayed for this uniformity, asking the Father that "they may be one as we are one" (John 17:22).   Jesus praying for a unity far closer than the unity of my own body and soul. He wanted His body, the Church, to be one as He and the Father are one. So the Church must somehow be one. After all, Jesus, being God, must have had His prayer answered.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• "There is one Body and one Spirit, just as you were all called into the one and same hope when you were called. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and God who is father of all, over all, through all and within all" (Eph. 4:4-6). Scripture commands this unity: "Now I beseech thee brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" (1Cor 1:10).
    eringobrough

• eringobrough---One church in "one body of Christ", not "THE CHURCH".

Sorry, I firmly believe that the anglican church would be getting into bed with the enemy. It's not a misreading of scripture, but an accurate reading of scriptureand an an accurate account of Rome's history.
    Anonymous

• 8:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2009 by: Anonymous

eringobrough---One church in "one body of Christ", not "THE CHURCH". Sorry, I firmly believe that the anglican church would be getting into bed with the enemy. It's not a misreading of scripture, but an accurate reading of scriptureand an an accurate account of Rome's history.

*****************

The enemy of what?  Why don't you consider that the Church is the body of Christ?  How many spin-off, protestant denominations have already broken up the body?!  I for one am glad to see more unification of Christians.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2009