Is it true that are there a lot of side effect with permanent sterilization, also what are your opinion due to my case???

I am expecting my second child in which my husband want me to do a ciurgical proceding for not to be able to have babies anymore, I am 25yrs old and our relationship even those it sound sad is not very stable, we have been married for 6yrs and he is still not that resposable, but it true we both want to have only 2 children, but people tell me that first I am too young to make that and second there is a lot of bad side effects from doing permanent sterilization.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• talk to your doctor and use spell check
    Anonymous

• You really have to consider it permanent, so if you are having any doubts, don't do it. If your husband is dead set on permanent sterilization, he should have a vasectomy. Vasectomies are VERY easy compared to a tubal ligation. They're also more effective and have pretty much no long term side effects. There can be long term complications with a tubal ligation.

My husband had a vasectomy right after he turned 26. It was a piece of cake and we're both glad he did it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm not a doctor, but if you're talking about a tubal ligation where they tie your tubes, I don't think there are a lot of bad side effects. I know of a lot of women who've had their tubes tied, including myself, and I don't know anyone personally who has had problems, I have heard a few moms here say that they were having problems, but not even sure if those were actually from the tubal, or from c-sections and childbirth issues. Definitely talk to your doctor. He may tell you that you're too young, I'm not sure what age they would prefer for you to be. As for side effects, for me personally, I think it's been a wonderful thing. I have 3 healthy sons, and am very happy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Check with your dr because some states have rules about having it done. I believe most states say 25 and older can do it but Id double check if I were you.

Some have side effects, just like with many things in life it isnt necessarily perfect. I had a tubal 21 mths ago and Ive been fine. No major side effects or post tubal syndrome,etc. Every woman I know who has had it has been fine.

I would say more than likely things will be fine for you but there is always a chance. Just have to know if you are willing to take it or not is all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009