What would you do?

If you only had medicaid and they didnt cover dental?Like if you needed root canals or crowns and didnt have the money to pay for it?What if you were missing a tooth in the front?Would you feel really depressed and not want to live?Would you get dentures(medicaid pays for them) even if you are young?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• Look into dental schools in your area, and alot of cities have dental clinics that charge on a sliding scale. I was in a similair situation and ended up getting 4 teeth pulled, but they're in the back where no one notices. If it had been a front tooth I would not have gone that route.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I'd do what I had to and get any help I could get, like Irish momma said try to find free clilnics in your area.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• *sigh* dental schools only do very routine things. fillings, etc. And the "labor" is partially sliding scale (if you're lucky) but the materials, fillings, etc are still 100% full price. Xrays are full price.

I was 24 when I got dentures, OP. I have good years and bad years. Sometimes I am suicidal and depressed. Sometimes I am accepting of it. Varies a lot.
    Anonymous

• It truly breaks my heart to heart the false hope there.....
    there are no free clinics for dental. They'll pressure you through a medicaid procedures which she already has.
    Medicaid never has and never will pay for root canals, crowns, missing teeth, etc. Why? Because they're too expensive. Sooo why would a clinic give them away for free?

PS guess what rich bitches, there is no such thing as a free medical clinic either. Don't believe me? Try to goto one for something random, like a sore throat. Co-pays. Lab fees. And if you have strep throat... how will you pay to fill the antibiotics?
    You guys seriously don't understand...... poor OP. It's a terrible situation you're in. You aren't alone. Short of care credit and trying to finance.... you either deal with the pain, pull 'em, or get dentures.
    Anonymous

• OP here:Thanks for the advice.Dental schools will not do the work and credit care is 22.9 % and I cannot afford that at all.After next month we cannot afford our mortgage.I had to have the tooth pulled b/c it was a crown and it broke and when it did it broke the tooth.It is the 3rd tooth back from the front on top.I know its vain but it still is very embarrassing and depressing.I brush,floss only drink water and hardly any candy at all but I hve the bad teeth gene.It really sucks.It amazes me that medicaid will pay for dentures but not to prevent you from needing them.
    Anonymous