Why are Democrats, Pelosi~ sticking with Charlie Rangel?

Is it purely a game of partisan politics? Or do Democrats/Pelsoi think he is innocent?~What do you think?

From Washington Examiner Op ED: "Anything Pelosi does will make many House Democrats mad, and some of the possible replacements could prove embarrassing at election time 2010. From her point of view, it’s better to hope that the ethics committee investigation of Rangel can take up most of the time between now and November 2010, and that Rangel might make things easier on everyone by announcing he’s not seeking reelection after 40 years of service in the House. "

Do you agree?
(FULL ARTICLE) http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Why-are-Democrats-sticking-with-Charley-Rangel-64777792.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they don't care if he is innocent or not. I think if it gets too heated and becomes an "ordeal" they will tell him tuck and roll! But, I know that is very unlikely. They will defend him and push the issue aside till they are blue in the face...I sometimes wonder if him and Pelosi have a "thing" if ya know what I mean? lol

He definitely should hit the road! I would love to hear him say he will not seek reelection!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have always wondered the same thing. There is an amendment to the tax code that is being kicked around because of good ole' Charlie. It's the "Rangel Rule". If it passes and you owe back taxes, you can write "Rangel Rule" on the top of the bill and you don't pay interest. At least something good might come of his stupidity.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well, since we are talking politics, I think it's all about power and control. And I also think there may be some stuff that they all know about each other that would peel the wallpaper off the power room walls. They really need to keep the very far left, and him being in a compromising position really works for Pelosi, since she can lend support that otherwise wouldn't be there if he happened to not agree with her on certain issues.

Doesn't speak well of her ability to drain the swamp of corruption though, does it? Guess that's one promise that she never intended to keep.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009