Would you go back to school if you could get a Bachelors in 3 years?

By eliminating that extra year, three-year degree students save 25 percent in costs. Instead of taking 30 credits a year, these students take 40. During January, Hartwick runs a four-week course during which students may earn three to four credits on or off campus, including a number of international sites. Summer courses are not required, but a student may enroll in them—and pay extra. Three-year students get first crack at course registration. There are no changes in the number of courses professors teach or in their pay.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/218183/page/2

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I did my BA in 3 years, but I worked SO hard and literally had no breaks. Not something I'd recommend!
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 7:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• LOL...grly...I LOVE your avatar!!! Is there something we should know?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Lori, I was in South Korea for a while... That's all I can say or I have to have you "taken care of"... :oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Got it!!!  I guess I'll be visiting our local Army Navy store this weekend!!  LOL

wink

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Full Body Chem gear is all the rage in S. Korea.... 2 thumbs up! :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have mine and my masters.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I completed my BA and Masters in three years--the doctorate is taking a bit longer (that dissertation is a bear). I had no break--but got it done and retained much of the information (and kept my books for those moments when I need a reference or refresher). It is grueling though.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 9:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yea, PS wifely most education degrees in Ohio are 5 years going straight to a Masters. I can't imagine if they had 3 year pre med or engineering degrees, though. I think that would be rather overwhelming. jmo.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009