when you are so exhausted but cannot give up

my son has autism, he is high functioning but has severe anxiety, lack of social, sensory, articulation issues, etc. I have read so many books, been to many seminars, have struggled with schools and teachers (with no success) in how to help my beautiful little boy. He is now 6 and his behaviors are extremely bad. He cries constantly in and out of school, he screams very loud, is extremely mouthy, hits, spits, self injures, etc. He comes home from daycare and school with scratch marks on his neck where he has been grabbed by fingernails. He cannot let go of anything. For instance, he is so obsessed with his teeth that he actually rips his teeth from his gums when they are not ready (root and all). His behaviors scare the other kids at school. I need help, he needs help. I do not want my son to feel this way any longer. I want him to feel loved and happiness. I want everyone to know the beautiful little boy that he is.

dionequinn

Asked by dionequinn at 7:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't have any advice for you, but my heart goes out to you. He is so lucky to have you.
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 10:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009