Losing Weight after baby...

What is the most effective way you have noticed that makes you lose weight after having your baby?

kayteee25

Asked by kayteee25 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly breast feeding. with my first i couldn't breastfeed and i had to work really hard (strict diet and exercise) to lose the weight by 6 months. with my second i ebf and lost the weight in 6 months with only moderate exercise and no dieting. now with #3 i am ebf and have about 15 lbs. left to lose (she is only 1 month old). when i reach the 6 week mark i can start exercising again and hopefully i will lose it pretty quickly again.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• have a protein drink for breakfast special k makes some good ones remember to eat every three hours small snacks small meals water will help flush your system out and walking 30 mins a day is awesome i lost 4 pounds in one week doing this
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• breastfeeding, walking at least 30 mins a day, and eating well.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Ugh, i have had enough of this BFing crap, my kid is almost 7 months and i go to the gym 2 hours a day 5-7 days a week and haven't lost A POUND!!! My kid has been BF since day one and from what i hear for A LOT of women who BF don't lose a pound till they STOP BFing...So i may still be 30 lbs over weight (and maybe then some) but BFing is soooooo good for my daughter. Sometimes i get tired of looking so fat but then i think about how much good it is doing for her and i get over it, ill have time to be skinny and sexy when she is bigger :)
    P.S. i started walking at 3 days postpartum, started at a mile and now i walk at least 5 at a time now...i feel better but look NO different...
    And yes, i do watch what i eat, and eat very well and get the extra 500 calories i need a day for my daughter.
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 8:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• zoozleroo....I am the same way!! I did not BF however....couldnt so I formula fed. But anyway..I walk, exercise, eat right, everything....DOESNT DO ANYTHING!!
    kayteee25

Answer by kayteee25 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• breastfeeding. I had my 4th child last year and within 6-8 weeks I weighed less than I did pre pregnancy, did not change my diet one bit.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I dunno Im breastfeeding and lost 40lbs in a month.
    Im still 10lbs heavier than I was pre baby but thats fine because pre baby I was 92lbs
    I dont excercise or diet.

Alot of moms hate me.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I lost the baby weight by about 3 weeks postpartum. I have no idea how it happened. I breastfeed but I was not really doing any exercise other than walking occasionally. I do have a little more of a belly than I did before, but my weight is the same as before I was pregnant. I lost all but 8 pounds in the first week.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009