would this irritate you or am i just light temeperd?

Okay, so let me start off by saying i KNOW i'd be better off living in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors! LOL but i dont live in the middle of nowhere, i live in a neighborhood. okay so we have a woman who lives behind us whom uses OUR trashcan.the other day i went to throw my trash out in MY can( the day after they dumped it) and it was already filled to the brim with her stuff from where she had cleaned out her home. my husband wentover there about 2 weeks prior to tell her she needs to get her own can. Next issue the couples children across the street ride their bikes and run THRU my yard and driveway..ugh!! i really hate that one.

so my question is am i just hot headed or would you be upset too?

naturepeace

Asked by naturepeace at 7:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have that problem with the neighbors using our trash cans. We pay for three cans for the two apartments. The neighbors have two apartments and only one can. Our can were always filled with the neighbors trash. We had to move our cans on trash day into our carport and then move them back the night before.
    As for the kids riding through the yard, I agree with the pp who said tack strips.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Id be pissed too. When it comes to the trash thing Id keep your cans hidden so that she cant fill them. Like in the garage. when It comes to the kids id threaten my dog on them or turn on the sprinklers! lol But a warning is first
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No i would defintally be upset about the trash can thing. Maybe you should just dump it back in her yard.....as for the kid thing i wouldnt be to upset unless they were destroying the yard with the tires..im sure telling the parents once would solve it
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• the driveway is no biggie for me but the lawn would piss me off. Id nail some spikes in the grass so their tires go flat! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Def Armywife! I would dump it in her yard. Shell def get the message!!
    Steph319

• I think the kids on the bikes there's really nothing you can do about..... other peoples kids suck, lol!

the lady and the trash though.... ooooh that'd tick me off SO BADLY. We have a somewhat similar trash issue on our block... no one else is using the city garbage bags and could get fined but they don't care. On trashday we've seen people grab a small bag of ours and toss it on top of their pile.

I hate to fight w/ neighbors, SO tacky. But sometimes u can only handle so much yuckiness.
    Send her a note, maybe? More formal..... grrr!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• it would piss me off to no extent! i'd throw her trash back in her yard. once there was a woman who was just a FRIEND of a guy living in the same building as me. we had a shared basement with the all the washer/dryer hook ups in there. shecame over and i found her clothes in there once. i told my husband that i better not find them in there ever again or she'd be sorry. well, i had a miscarriage and was in a super bad state of mind...long story short, she found her clothes wet (from my washer) covered in bleach. she never did it again. go figure!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would be upset, too.
    Dump the trash back in her yard. Get a combo lock for the lid.
    Put up a picket fence.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yep, the trash thing is just WRONG. I'd combat that somehow. Maybe you can make the cans too diffcult to use. I would not hesitate to use bungee cords to make it inconvenient, or move the cans or use a pad lock to keep them closed until trash day, but then, if you forget, the haulers might not take your stuff. There must be something. Keep thinking. It will come to you. Think like that lady. What is it about your cans that makes them usable to her? mess up her convenience.

As for the kids in the yard, they probably aren't hurting anything but that is so rude and really shows you that some people don't teach their kids about respecting the property and personal space of others. And that is a shame.

But I say, pick your battles. Let the kids slide for now. Go after the trash wench.

Life is too short to be angry about everything.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 7:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• thank you ladies for not making me feel like a wench:) and to the last poster about why are my cans so easy for her is because she doesnt want to pay for her own. simple. if she doesnt order trash cans she wont have to pay for it. and she doesnt have a vehicle to haul her own trash.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009