Does your town require you use special city trash bags?

if yes do YOU use them always?
does your neighbor(s) always use them?

Ours are somewhat pricey and we're the only ones on the block using 'em. Ticking me off but there's rumors the trashman will occasionally rip open the non city bags looking for mail and names and those people get fined. I'd rather pay a few pennies more weekly than a big fat fine I guess

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• wow how communist is this world getting??? Thats sad that you need to use "special" trash bags. Id be pissed!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• we had them at the last place i lived, and on top of that we had to pay for trash pick up and water and sewer, in a small house it would cost you at least 60 bucks a month not including those 10 for 5 dollars bags! what a rip off
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I meant country not world lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Um, no? Never heard of that, sounds stupid to me. We use what we want, IF we want - my IL's have a huge barrel (like a 55 gal drum but bigger) that's full to the brim, if not more, every week, and they don't use any bags at all - gross!
    Anonymous

• Yes, we have to use them. We get 5 bags for 10 dollars.. I hate it. But it's either that or pay wayy more for pick up.
    Anonymous

• wow! that is crazy! $10 for 5 bags? Why is it like this? to lessen the amount of trash? I would figure that people would be finding it on the side of the road more often now
    Anonymous

• yea we are a town with a requirement for special bags...but i live in a community neighborhood and we have dumpsters...but what pisses me off is we have a utility waiver, they basically credit us so much a month off rent since we pay our own utilities....well ive lived here TEN years and ive only seen that amount increase once, usually it goes down...i asked the landlord about that and she said there has been an increase in trash removal so she has to pay extra to have our dumpsters picked up...and each year the cost goes up...she suspects people that are on neighboring streets are coming in and using our dumpsters instead of paying for bags...so it costs us more...thats not right...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Alot of the smaller towns in MN. use city bags to help with the costs of garbage pickup fees
    What gets me is that you have to buy the bags then the city charges water,sewer and garbage still! every month.
    My sister lives in a suburb and pays water and sewer to the city and is responsable for getting a garbage service....That's the way it should be everywhere
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009