Do anger management classes work???

I am currently seperated, I have been for about a month. My husband has been somewhat violent, he definately has an anger management problem. He has offered to take anger management and marriage counseling, Do you think that will help? I really want it to but I need others opinions, any advice would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope, it only helps out for a little while. Then when something triggers that anger it's a lot bigger and a lot worse because it's been bottled up inside of him hiding. Leave it alone. Classes just make them act better, but that bad guy is always going to be there.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would say yes IF he really truly has his heart in it. My Best friends DH was in it and it did NOT help. He has a horrible temper and only did it because a judge made him though. so he was never serious about it
    Anonymous

• LOL, stress management didn't work for me! I had more fun antagonizing the teacher.
    Those classes won't work if you aren't willing to work at it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• just stay apart, do not go back till he shows he can control his temper.(about a year)
    But at the same time if has been violent, you should not want him back. If he has hit you never go back!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• There is nothing more destructive than anger. It destroys our peace and happiness in this life.
    http://www.anger-management-techniques.org/faults-of-anger.htm/#
    GL!!!!!
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• HELL NO IT DONT WORK ! U JUST WASTING YOUR TIME ! ! ! GOOD LUCK SWEETY ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2009