For homeschooling moms

Any recommendations for Kindergarten curriculum? What did/do you use? Anything that makes it easy to follow would be great. Im new to HS so I need something that has some structure for me to follow, atleast at first. Thank you in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think if you go to the DOE site for your state they give you a curriculum for Homeschooling. I also know there are a few sites out that that will do the same... just google it. Sorry that's all I know. Good luck! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• www.HSLDA.org has a list of what they need to learn per state requirements.

As for curriculum, I didnt go with a particular company. I bought items off Amazon after reading up on titles that worked for me. Budget friendly yet had all the requirements I needed...thats what I went after.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• This is my first year home-schooling. My son is 5 and just starting kindergarten. We started the year using a curriculum, but I found a more unstructured approach works better for us. The curriculum I was using is called Moving Beyond the Page Curriculum for Gifted and Creative Children. It's a literature based curriculum, and was very easy to follow. My son and I enjoyed the lessons and daily activities, I just didn't like the structured approach.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We do the mix~n~match thing. Curriculum of Kindergarten just doesn't compute for me..... To me, learning should still be a game & spontaneous for the most part. We used PC learning software, a few workbooks that you can pick up at Wal-mart, Target, Sam's, etc, library books, educational TV, hands-on stuff, and field trips.

You should ask this over in the Happy Homeschoolers group. In fact, I think it's been asked several times before... can probably just go to the group and to a search post and get a TON of suggestions.

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2009