Do your ears perk-up?

Does it ever feel like your ears perk up to listen when your kids are making noise? I'm in the kitchen and heard a thump from the play room, and it felt like my ears could've literally perked up and tuned toward upstairs to listen for any sign of fighting or crying. When nothing was wrong, the feeling went away. I totally felt like a cat. Have you ever experienced that?

bltcahill

Asked by bltcahill at 7:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yep! I know exactly what you mean. It's a physical feeling inside your ears, huh?
    I once was given a hearing test by my dad. He tested me on a whole range...highs and lows. I could hear very low and very high sounds he couldn't. Now whether that is because he was a lot older, I don't know.
    I still have good hearing.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I sometimes do that with my son. In our home, it's called "Mommy Radar". lol
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• What really worries me is when I don't hear anything,lol... That usually means they are up to something, and it's not good! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yes, it is called being a mom. when you don't hear anything and get that feeling - yep it's being a mom. when you hear something - it's being a mom. Have you ever noticed when the majority of men look after the kids, the trouble or mess they get into and men are oblivious to it all? Womans brains can go back and forth simultaneously and men's brains cannot. I truely believe we have a biological edge brainwise when it comes to looking after kids.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009