Has your child ever eaten ramen?

My two kids have NOT.... because the salt content is just insane.

My husband and I eat it often.... sometimes because we have to and sometimes because we can. I remember after he recovered some lawsuit funds after he was attacked at work we went to the bank and then straight to costco and got a PALLET EACH of our favorite flavors.... LOL! Our big splurge. He once put blue crab in it for me. (not so good)

My friends kids all eat the noodles raw/crunchy.... which is an interesting concept I suppose

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I pick up an organic one once in a while; my daughter has never had the toxic-waste kind.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• yes my dd loves it.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My dd loves it! She only gets it a few times a year though. Not for salt reasons but jsut because we dont eat it that often
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We have a couple pallets of it for emergencies. I have never given it to my son...he's only two and a half and I think the nutritional value is nil.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You can cut the salt by using only part of the flavor packet. I like to dress it up by beating an egg and dropping that in, and some sliced green onion.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My kids eat it on occasion, like maybe thee times a year. If you are worried about the sodium, just add less of the seasoning package. We also drain the water off and add the seasoning to the cooked noodles. We only put about half of the packet on.
    I figure since they do not eat it very often it should be okay for their little systems.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Sure. Sometimes I will make it as a side dish, less seasoning and noodles pulled out of the seasoned water. My three year old eats it probably once a month if that. We just don't make it much.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my daughter loves the noodles but hates the packet that comes with it because its too salty...i dont blame her...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Love it! --- We like to add a splash of teriyaki marinade to our pot noodles/ramen --- it makes it super yummy!

We also like them with veggies like green onions, carrot shreds, and peas!

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 9:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• For the next 2 weeks it's what my 17yo is eating for lunch. He comes home for lunch and that was his choice for the next 2 weeks. My other son (18) chose Chef Boyardee for this 2 weeks.
    Anonymous