Cloth Diapers

Can anyone give me advice on using cloth diapers? I'm thinking about using them w/ my 3rd child that is due next month. What has your experience been like?
Pros/cons?
What I need to know to get started?
Best place to buy/what to expect to pay
Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

mom22littlegirl

Asked by mom22littlegirl at 8:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used the aio (all in ones) and found the best thing (for me) is a diaper service. I hate laundry and although it didnt really add much more to my routine i hate it so much Id rather they wash it. lol.

If u want to wash your own, you can find some really nice and affordable ones through SAHM's. The ones that I did buy I got through primmnproperbaby.com and loved them. The woman who makes them is awesome and very helpful to CD newbies
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Cuties with Cloth Booties is a good group to check out. I'm new too or I'd give advice! :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I used it as a burp cloth. good luck!
    masipagwapa

Answer by masipagwapa at 8:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Check out one of the cloth diaper groups.
    They have so much info.
    I just started with my daughter a while ago [at about 6months]
    I am using Gdiapers, stuffed with prefolds.

The most cost effective way is to use prefolds and covers.

Really though just goto one of the groups and you can get all the answers you need!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm currently using pre-folds and covers. I have a few fitteds but mostly I used the pre-folds. If you use a diaper that requires a cover, I highly recommend Thirsties covers. I wash one load of diapers every other day, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We used prefold once they got more solid poop and fitted when they were little with wool diaper covers. Absolutely loved the wool. As for what diapers that is difficult because they fit all kids differently. The fitteds I used for my tall skinny son didn't fit my chubby daughter. Check out diaperswappers.com for a great place to get new and used ones.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:03 AM on Oct. 21, 2009