I have an important milestone today

Today marks 7 years of sobriety for me. No one in my real life seems to really care about it, and no of my online friends really know. So I just wanted to toot my own horn for 7 years of recovery from alcoholism. My life is a thousand times better than it was when I was drinking, and I feel so fortunate every day to be one of the ones who did something about it. If anyone out there is struggling with addiction, I just want you to know that you can overcome it if you want to--it takes HOW (honesty, openness, willingness to try) . Thanks for reading and have a good night everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You should be very proud of yourself for taking charge of your health and getting your life in gear. My father was an alcoholic. He passed away when I was 14 and it still hurts to this day. Your family should be more supportive. I wish you more happy years to come honey!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Wonderful! Congratulations, prayers, and hugs!

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• congrats!!!
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• WOW! way to goCONGRATULATIONS! THAT IS A BIG MILESTONE!! clappingREMEMBER ALWAYS THAT YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• congrats!!!!!  It take a very strong person to beat any kind of addiction. i myself have never had a problrm with addiction ,but a know quite a few people who do and not many of them have of will ever beat it !!! So you should be proud!!! and so should your family!!! hold your head high girl and keep up the good work!!!!!

vinnynfredsmom

Answer by vinnynfredsmom at 8:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I am impressed and very pleased along with you. YOU ARE AMAZING. I am so happy you tooted your own horn. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the fantastic work.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You rock, Momma! Congratulations on 7 years of sobriety!! I don't know you, but I am VERY PROUD of you!!!

Blessings!!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• That's wonderful! Congratulations to you!!! That is not an easy fight and you deserve more than a pat on the back! Good for you :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I recently broke up with my boyfriend b/c he has a major drinking problem and won't admit it or get help for it. So, you should definitely be proud of yourself. You have done something many people do not have the strength to do, and that is a wonderful thing. I don't even know you, and I am proud of you. Keep up your hard work, and continue to enjoy the wonderful life you have so rightfully earned and definitely deserve. Congratulations!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• That is awesome!!! Congrats!!!

That is something to celebrate!!!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 9:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009