Who was right?

Huxley vs Orwell

http://www.egodialogues.com/words-language/huxley-orwell.php

Friday

Asked by Friday at 8:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Friday, that is great! Thanks for the share. IMO, Huxley moreso than Orwell.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A friend of mine posted it on FaceBook. Granted it has been a number of years since I read either book but I agree, Huxley seems to have nailed it.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think that Orwell was correct about the government and Huxley was correct about the people. The government is trying desperately trying to keep us from knowing what the president and the people he is surrounding himself with actually have in mind. Fox News has been targeted because they are telling what the "controlled" media is not reporting. (You can hardly call the main stream media news stations anymore. They are propaganda stations.) Huxley understood the greed of the common man. We are so enamored by our things that we have convinced ourselves that we can't live without them. We stop listening to the information being given. It all becomes so much noise in our head. When the information changes, we can't tell since we have become conditioned to accept anything we are told which was Orwell's fear. Very interesting topic. Good job!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I agree with jesse, I can see what " both of them feared happening before our very eyes.  We have become a pathetic culture indeed.

Anonymous