How long does your Christmas season last?

Do you start the day after thanksgiving or the first day of advent? Do you leave decorations up until epiphany?

I am thinking about doing mass and family on Christmas and saving the gifts for Epiphany. This way we can focus more on Jesus during Christmas. I can't get out of family parties, and I don't want to so we will still open a few gifts on Christmas from grandparents as such.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 8:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Haha well we love going all out on holidays so we cant wait to get started. Usually a couple weeks into Nov we decorate. Then usually the first week of Jan we take it down...
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• As soon as my husband will let me and as long as he will let me keep them up. I usually like to start in nov and take them down in jan
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• a couple hours after t-day dinner, i start shooing family out of my house..and my dh knows we're headed to the storage building. by the time sunday afternoon rolls around, the house is decorated, the outside lights/decor is up, and i've redone some of it 3-4 times, even in inclement weather. we're somewhat new to the presbyterian church, so i'm still learning the 'seasons' at church-not really sure how they do anything at this point. but i love playing xmas music/carols starting around november all the way through the end of january. we usually attend xmas eve mass at dh's home church..which is fabulously beautiful! very old stone/rock cathedral-type, smallish and more intimate, with lots of stained-glass 'stories', high-beamed rafters covered in greens. i get goosebumps just thinking about it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Day after Thanksgiving til New Years Day - you have off from work; lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• We decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, and take it all down right after New Year's.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• We put up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving if we are all home to do it and we leave them up until Epiphany.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2009