Anyone else have a big toddler? Not overweight just tall for his/her age? I went to the doctors yesterday & my 2 yr old is 36 Lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Cousin is 5'9 and her hubby is 7'0... They have 2 daughters who are rediculously tall. As toddlers people would make comments like "why is that 3 year old still sucking a bottle" I know a few times my Cousin flew off her handle and chewed some people out.... Cause her baby wasnt 3 she was like a year! Her eldest is now 11 and she is taller than my 5'2..
    Anonymous

• Wow, that must be a bundle of fun when his/her little legs get tired! My 4 year old is only 30lbs. How does his/her height compare? So long as the percentiles are roughly the same it's usually not an issue. Their growth will probably slow down a bit too. Last year at preschool we had a couple of boys who were a good bit taller than my son but they slowed down and he caught up.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• That's about normal, really. Mine was 31.5 lbs and 34.5 inches at 25 months.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My first two were tall and big for their age. At two not sure of their exact weight but close to 40 pounds which is big! our baby girl is tiny though and thats such a change! LOL 18mos and 21 pounds....

Their dad is 6'3" while I am just 5'4"...ha ha
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my son just turned 24mths, dont know if this is tall, but he's 29lbs and 36 1/2" tall. Dad is 6ft 5in. i'm 5ft 3in.
    Anonymous

• My 3 year old was tall for a 1 year old. She ist still tall for her age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Oct. 21, 2009