What is with my 10 month old trying to do headstands??

He keeps doing this and it almost seems like he thinks it'll help him stand (if that even makes sense lol). Any of your babies do this and start walking shortly after? He crawls and cruises constantly and can also stand on his own sometimes when he's not spazzing out haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 9:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started walking at 10 months...jack tries to do headstands to i think that maybehesaw me bendover or something like that
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my does peek a boo through his legs. I think they are just trying to explore different views and their bodies. My baby is 2..
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My 7.5 month old does this. She gets on her hands and knees, then puts her head down and then gets on her toes. It is like she is trying to stand. It kinda looks like she is getting into a headstand position. I just keep telling her, "We gotta keep working on getting into a sitting position first hunny."
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• What he does is lean on his hand and almost try to push off to a standing position. It makes me a little nervous, but he seems to really like it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• head**
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My son when he gets tired puts his head on the floor and pushes around then cries cause the carpet hurts.My DS is a 10 and a half months hes almost walking too but no head stands
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with it, don't worry- your baby has just discovered that things look different upside down.
    producelady

Answer by producelady at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009