What do u do all day?

Im not used to staying home. I have worked all oof our relationship. My DH joined the army, and now im trying to find my place. At first, i had a ton of stuff to do. Get ID cards, dr visits, pack and move us, unpack and settle us. Now, I get so bored. THe house is clean, lunch and dinner are made. I find myself getting more and more bored by the day. I dont want to put my daughter in daycare, she has never been..dont want to start now. Im looking for something to help the neighborhood/community.

mrsjosey1018200

Asked by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• You have to pace yourself. I had the same problem when I started staying home. I would get everything done in the morning, and the afternoon would take forever. I still try to get all the "have tos" done in the morning, but in the afternoon we do all kinds of things...Take her to storytime at the library, go to the park, take a walk, color, play outside, finger-paint, she loves helping me with laundry (hope that sticks lol)... Good luck, I am sure you will grow to love it like I do :)! It was hard to get used to though so I understand.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Do crafts with her, start a scrapbook for daddy take TONS of pictures and have you daughter make her scrap book and you make yours for daddy. Make a fort in the living room and watch "scary movies" all day. Teach her how to do needle point or knit depending on her age of course. Go to local parks or on base and start talking to other wives. We are really quite nice and trust me I understand the boredom!!! My DH is Army too. You could even get a part time job and have your little girl go to day care to just meet friends and socialize while you just work enough to pay for it.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• when i am bored i sew. its alot of fun and a great stress reliever. i make clothes for my kids, and friends kids. blankets, bibs, curtains, tableclothes, find something in your house that you really want and have fun making it. and its a good thing maybe for your community too. lots of people make clothing and hats to donate to hospitals and such.
    Anonymous

• join a mommy child group there is tons if like the big one around here is called fort drum mommies you have little play dates with other moms and stuff while your kids play together just google it and it will pop up
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Back in the day when my girls were little there was no internet and we sahm's did just fine keeping occupied...finding new hobbies and crafts.
    Now days sahm's have the internet to occupy themselves...
    you could try volunteering or working out a chore list for everyday of things to do rather then do it all one day and have the next day being bored because the house is still clean.
    Anonymous

• If you want to help the community you could look into volunteer opportunities in your area too. Talk to someone at your local Church or if you are on base maybe there is someone there that you can talk to. Is there a community of military spouses that gets together? You just have to look around and see what's going on in your area.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2009