You got the ball...5 seconds left in the game...all eyes are on you ....you get down on one knee and pray...

How much does God listen to the prayers of sports teams? Does he intervene in sports?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, if you believe "Angels in the Outfield" playoffs are up to the players. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 9:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• He might listen to prays of the "Keep us safe, healthy, free of injuries" but I don't think he takes sides, chances are he getting prayers from both teams!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• He listens to the heart. Praying to win is for show, not from the heart.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's the comfort of knowing that God is with you at times like that. I always prayed before taking a test in high school, not because I thought God would put the correct answers down for me, but because I needed his comfort so that I would be at ease which would help me to focus, resulting in better performance on the test.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• gdiamante Well, if you believe "Angels in the Outfield" playoffs are up to the players. **smile**

:)
    Anonymous

• i think God could care less about sports teams. He gets prayers from fans & players for all teams, so who would He listen to? the team that prayers the hardest? the team with the most fans praying?

i think God doesnt interfere with anything as unimportant as sports...and this is coming from a HUGE sports fan! He may give comfort or protect the players from harm, but he isnt going to make a miraculously bad team suddenly start winning just b/c someone prayed. im sure Washington Nationals fans & Detroit Lions fans have been praying for some time now...yet the teams continue to lose.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Why are you wasting your last 5 seconds to win Pray before and after the game.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

__

because you want to

what is the likelihood of this being hypothetical? Some people just have to stir the drama pot
    Anonymous

• sure He listens to the desires of the heart... I think He cares about the people that play and each has a destiny, some are destined to win others are not. His will not theirs . :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• NOTHING happens in this world without God's knowledge or permission. does last minute prayers change the decree.. that is the question.. none of us would be able to answer.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009