How old was your LO when they started reaching for you?

My dd will be 5 months and I swear she just reached for her Daddy....was it just coincidence or is she old enough to do this?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it can happen whenever. My daughter would raise her arms to be picked up at 3 months. She reached for us around the same time. I have a friend with a baby that is 5 months old and she still has not reached.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My DS was about 5 months and he wouldn't reach he would just lift his arms up and when you moved away he would put them down and then when you were in front of him again he would lift them up. It was quite funny to watch.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• She's definitely old enough to do it. My DS was younger. I first notice him trying to touch my face with purpose while he was nursing....he was probably around 3 months old.....maybe closer to four.......No, it was 3 or earlier because he would also try to slap at his toys in his bouncy seat at this time....yup, she's old enough.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009