HPT

ok so I know how mean some of you can be and how you think people are stupid for asking questions like this and to be honest I didn't think I would ever need to ask one but I took 3 HPT's and one came back with a very faint pos sign and one neg. and the other looks neg but if you hold it in the light it is a faint pos. what do you think? I know i can always get a blood test to find out forsure I just want to know what you all would think if you were in this situation. Please be nice i'm not a stupid person at all I am just confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well... HPT test use a hormone (hcg) to test for pregnancy, and if you got even one positive result, then there was traces of that hormone. The only reason I can think of maybe getting a "false" negative is because of a faulty test. I would be willing to bet that you are pregnant. Since you are "weeks" then SHOULDN'T have any problems getting a positive result, but who knows. Definitely wait a couple of days and then go get you a digital pregnancy test with word results. Those things are great!! Good luck, and just in case CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh, and each pregnancy can have different symptoms.
    Anonymous

• If they're all the same brand, I would try a different brand.
    If they were all taken in the same day, or 3 days consecutively, I would wait a few days and retest (with another brand test).
    Usually, it's pretty difficult to get a false positive.
    You could also try googling to see if some of the brand(s) you used have a history of shelling out false positives or just not being correct overall.

If it were me though, I would honestly just go ahead and take another test a few days later. Good luck!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• ANY positive pregnant line, faint or bold means pregnant. Did you take all of the test back to back in the same day? If I were you, I would go get one of the digital test that has a visible word reading so there's no confusion.
    Anonymous

• i will prolly try that! but I do know how to ready the traditional ones very easily it's just that i've got different results that is the problem? id on't know what one I should trust i've got one son and was sick all the time when I got preggo with him. i haven't been sick at all.. just extremely tired and have to pee all the time. and my period is a few weeks late but that's not unusual for me
    Anonymous

• im in the same boat..3 tests, one faint positive, 2 negatives..good luck!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009