Do some people really not use a credit card in this day and age?

I was just wondering if someone you know, or even you, dont use a credit card? Plastic, and im including Bank Cards on this, is so widely used today all the time. If you or someone you know dont use one, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If we can't use debit to pay for something, then we don't get it. We don't have anything 'charged'.

I had a card when I 18, and regret it. . to young for a 3000 credit limit!! ouch. .
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 9:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I use my bank card for somethings, but I mostly use cash. And that's because I can control the cash easier. When I leave money in the bank I tend to swipe the card and end up over spending or spending money on things I shouldn't. I don't believe in using credit cards either... go to www.daveramsey.com to see more about what I believe in. Dave has saved my finances and I live by what he teaches.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have a debit card, but no credit cards. If I can't pay cash for it, then I don't need it. I use to have credit cards for emergencies, but cancelled all of them and just put extra money in savings for things that come up.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 9:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We have not paid on our credit card in about a year so now no bank will give us an account. We deal with it with cash, a prepaid visa, and money orders.
    Anonymous

• I've never had a credit card or debit card. It's just too high tech for me lol. I like just cashing my check and then pay my bills with cash. I guess i could see how a lot of people like using cards but i guess i'm just old fashioned. I don't really think about it, it's just a habit so why change what i'm used to.
    Anonymous

• We don't use anything but cash, money order or PayPal.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We don't use credit cards anymore. Paid them off years ago, Praise the Lord! We do use debit cards and pay cash. No credit card worries anymore.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I've never had a credit card, and won't use one. If I can't pay for it, I don't need it.
    We have a walmart prepaid card thing that we use for online purchases and paying bills online, but other than that I don't use anything with an interest rate.
    MamaFen

Answer by MamaFen at 9:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No credit cards here, only debit cards, cash, check, or paypal.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• hahahha i liiiiive off of my credit cards!! i pay them off at the end of the month tho
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2009