My dog was diagnosed w/parvo in July. she underwent treatment & came home fine& can never get it again. Is it possible she still has it or would she be dead by now. This morning she threw up a little bit (discovered she ate a roll of paper towels) & has had the guilty face on all day.

Later in the day she jumped on my bed & was shaking. I started petting her to make sure she was okay & not having a seizure. Later I felt her again, 1/2 of her was freezing the other 1/2 was hot. I made sure she drank a lot of water. Shes been drinking all day & has had a wet nose. She has also been eating normally. All day she has been unsociable and trying to run outside. Whenever I take her outside, she tries jumping in the cars (she hates car rides)-she actually tried crawling through my window to get in the car at one point. I actually had to pick her up & carry her back inside because she refused to get out of the car. I don't know what to do with her, IDk if she's sick or just being weird. I called the vet & they didn't think there was any reason to bring her in, just to wait & see how she is tomorrow. She is 1/2 boxer & 1/2 pit, almost 2, and fixed. Has anyone else's dog ever done anything weird like this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pets

• It's just her getting over the disease. It's kind of like... the aftershocks, sort of when you overcome the flu, and you still get the shakes sometimes, and it takes a while for you to fully and completely recover and feel 110% good.
    If she had it, she'd be dead.
    I had 2 dogs that had parvo, not all at once. One of them did pass away... We had no clue about parvo, it was over the weekend when she got terrible and there were NO 24 hour vets available. As we were about to take her to the vet early Monday morning, she passed. Parvo doesn't take long to wipe out a dog.
    I had another dog, after were well aware of the symptoms, who started showing signs, and we took them to the vet. We did catch it in time, but he did take a little while to get over it completely.
    My vet suggested boiled chicken and rice broth mixture for just the first few days so it was easy on his tummy.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Okay, so I just realized that it said JULY. Sorry about that.
    I did have an RN who had a dog with Parvo. He did get over it, but it was slightly too late, and it did take some toll on his health. He would these weird seizures daily. It was due to the parvo.
    I would get your dog rechecked, just to be on the safe side that everything's all in the clear. Good luck!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• II don't think it has anything to do with the parvo but if she did eat a roll of paper towels i would be concerned that there is still some she has not thrown up or passed yet. I would take her to the vet to be checked and maybe do an x-ray.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If she did eat a roll of paper towels, she may have an obstruction that may require x-rays. I would definitely take her to the vet ASAP. If they won't see her, call another vet!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• So I kept an eye on her all night and she slept most of it, and this morning she is acting completely normal. I'm going to call the vet again and see what they think again...but I am thinking this is a good thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 21, 2009